Are your workouts taking up too much of your precious time.
Is that what was meant to add to your life , now ditracting from it ?
Read below for my ten strategies to get more done in less time.
- EMOM training( every minute on the minute training).Pick 1 or 2 excercises for eg-10 pushups,10 squats . Do it and rest the rest of the minute. When the minute starts restart.
- Ladder training- Start with 1 rep of an excercise ,then 2 all the way upto 10. You could then come back down the ladder from 10-1. For eg-do this with burpees.
- Hill training-Yes !Training running intervals or sprints up a hill is amazing. Do 10 of these and in between walk down the hill. You will be done before you know it and the benefits are amazing.
- Rest pause training- Do a set of for eg pullups- get maybe 6 reps,rest for 15 seconds do another 3 . Rest again and do another 2. This form of training is very time efficient and great for strength training.
- Tabata intervals- Set a timer for 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. Repeat 8 times. Total time 4 minutes. For this to work you need to be going 100% in your 20 sec.
- Compound excercise selection-choose excercises that tax many muscles at once- for strength -squats/deadlifts/pullups/dips for example. Spending time on these quality excercises instead of on the leg extension machine is a much more productive use of your time.
- Bodyweight training-Short on time-well you can always do burpees,pushups,squats without the need for any equipment.
- Get a timer-time your rest intervals- and shorten the amount of rest as you go along. This will do wonders for your cardiovascular system.
- Have a plan-make a rough plan for what you need to accomplish that day- thinking about what you need to do before training.
- Get a home gym if you can-Best investment of my life-no more time wasted driving to the gym and waiting to use equipment. You can workout whenever you like. It doesnt have to be fancy . My basics would be a pull-up and dip bar -thats it!
I hope this helps for all you busy people out there.